Destiny lead writer defects to Microsoft
The man who brought us the stories behind Bungie's Halo games and who has penned Destiny's narrative is to leave Bungie; for Microsoft.
Joe Staten will return to Microsoft to take up a new role as senior creative director within Microsoft Studios although he's not working directly on the Halo series.
A statement from Microsoft given to IGN said, “As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world’s best entertainment on Xbox, as well as help shape our franchise strategy for some Microsoft Studios titles. He’ll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We’re excited to share more about Joseph’s role in the future.”
Xbox studios Mike Ybarra added on Twitter, “Thrilled to welcome back Joe Staten to the Microsoft Studios family.”
- Quan Chi revealed for the roster of Mortal Kombat X
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink