Destiny lead writer defects to Microsoft
The man who brought us the stories behind Bungie's Halo games and who has penned Destiny's narrative is to leave Bungie; for Microsoft.
Joe Staten will return to Microsoft to take up a new role as senior creative director within Microsoft Studios although he's not working directly on the Halo series.
A statement from Microsoft given to IGN said, “As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world’s best entertainment on Xbox, as well as help shape our franchise strategy for some Microsoft Studios titles. He’ll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We’re excited to share more about Joseph’s role in the future.”
Xbox studios Mike Ybarra added on Twitter, “Thrilled to welcome back Joe Staten to the Microsoft Studios family.”
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey