Destiny lead writer defects to Microsoft
The man who brought us the stories behind Bungie's Halo games and who has penned Destiny's narrative is to leave Bungie; for Microsoft.
Joe Staten will return to Microsoft to take up a new role as senior creative director within Microsoft Studios although he's not working directly on the Halo series.
A statement from Microsoft given to IGN said, “As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world’s best entertainment on Xbox, as well as help shape our franchise strategy for some Microsoft Studios titles. He’ll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We’re excited to share more about Joseph’s role in the future.”
Xbox studios Mike Ybarra added on Twitter, “Thrilled to welcome back Joe Staten to the Microsoft Studios family.”
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below