Destiny lead writer defects to Microsoft
The man who brought us the stories behind Bungie's Halo games and who has penned Destiny's narrative is to leave Bungie; for Microsoft.
Joe Staten will return to Microsoft to take up a new role as senior creative director within Microsoft Studios although he's not working directly on the Halo series.
A statement from Microsoft given to IGN said, “As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world’s best entertainment on Xbox, as well as help shape our franchise strategy for some Microsoft Studios titles. He’ll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We’re excited to share more about Joseph’s role in the future.”
Xbox studios Mike Ybarra added on Twitter, “Thrilled to welcome back Joe Staten to the Microsoft Studios family.”
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan