Destiny lead writer defects to Microsoft
The man who brought us the stories behind Bungie's Halo games and who has penned Destiny's narrative is to leave Bungie; for Microsoft.
Joe Staten will return to Microsoft to take up a new role as senior creative director within Microsoft Studios although he's not working directly on the Halo series.
A statement from Microsoft given to IGN said, “As a senior creative director, Joseph will help create the world’s best entertainment on Xbox, as well as help shape our franchise strategy for some Microsoft Studios titles. He’ll also be one of our leading ambassadors to the game development community, building on his many years of experience and relationships with developers and fans. We’re excited to share more about Joseph’s role in the future.”
Xbox studios Mike Ybarra added on Twitter, “Thrilled to welcome back Joe Staten to the Microsoft Studios family.”
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year