EA plot Superman return
Electronic Arts, Warner Bros. Interactive and DC Comics have announced the latest comic book franchise to be digitally immortalised as a videogame today, revealing Superman Returns. The new game is of course based on the forthcoming Warner Bros. film, which stars relative newcomer Brandon Routh as Clark Kent. The film is currently in production, and is due out on June 30th, when EA's videogame is also scheduled to debut, tying-in with the flick. Superman Returns: The Videogame is the official title, albeit entirely in unbearable capital letters that I can't stomach the reproducing of here.
EA's mammoth Tiburon development studio in Orlando, Florida will develop the new game, and a release on all major consoles (including the Xbox 360) as well as the PC is expected.
"The powerful Superman Returns property will be rightfully brought to gamers with a strong creative vision supported by compelling new technology so they can experience The Man of Steel's superpowers firsthand," enthused Warner gaming boss Jason Hall.
We'll bring you more on this as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year