EA plot Superman return
Electronic Arts, Warner Bros. Interactive and DC Comics have announced the latest comic book franchise to be digitally immortalised as a videogame today, revealing Superman Returns. The new game is of course based on the forthcoming Warner Bros. film, which stars relative newcomer Brandon Routh as Clark Kent. The film is currently in production, and is due out on June 30th, when EA's videogame is also scheduled to debut, tying-in with the flick. Superman Returns: The Videogame is the official title, albeit entirely in unbearable capital letters that I can't stomach the reproducing of here.
EA's mammoth Tiburon development studio in Orlando, Florida will develop the new game, and a release on all major consoles (including the Xbox 360) as well as the PC is expected.
"The powerful Superman Returns property will be rightfully brought to gamers with a strong creative vision supported by compelling new technology so they can experience The Man of Steel's superpowers firsthand," enthused Warner gaming boss Jason Hall.
We'll bring you more on this as we get it.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO