EA secures the FIFA franchise for almost another decade
EA has been making games for the FIFA franchise since 1993 and it looks like it will continue to do so for the near future at least.
EA has signed a deal with FIFA that will see EA Sports producing games in the FIFA franchise until 2022.
Andrew Wilson, head of EA Sports said, “EA Sports released the first FIFA-branded football game in 1993, and 20 years later our partnership with FIFA continues to be very strong. Our franchise has become the benchmark for quality and innovation in the sports video game genre, and we look forward to many more years of connecting with consumers around the world with our games carrying the prestigious FIFA name.”
FIFA 14 has already been revealed and is being prepared for release later this year.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto