EA secures the FIFA franchise for almost another decade
EA has been making games for the FIFA franchise since 1993 and it looks like it will continue to do so for the near future at least.
EA has signed a deal with FIFA that will see EA Sports producing games in the FIFA franchise until 2022.
Andrew Wilson, head of EA Sports said, “EA Sports released the first FIFA-branded football game in 1993, and 20 years later our partnership with FIFA continues to be very strong. Our franchise has become the benchmark for quality and innovation in the sports video game genre, and we look forward to many more years of connecting with consumers around the world with our games carrying the prestigious FIFA name.”
FIFA 14 has already been revealed and is being prepared for release later this year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer