EA secures the FIFA franchise for almost another decade
EA has been making games for the FIFA franchise since 1993 and it looks like it will continue to do so for the near future at least.
EA has signed a deal with FIFA that will see EA Sports producing games in the FIFA franchise until 2022.
Andrew Wilson, head of EA Sports said, “EA Sports released the first FIFA-branded football game in 1993, and 20 years later our partnership with FIFA continues to be very strong. Our franchise has become the benchmark for quality and innovation in the sports video game genre, and we look forward to many more years of connecting with consumers around the world with our games carrying the prestigious FIFA name.”
FIFA 14 has already been revealed and is being prepared for release later this year.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015