Activision dates Onslaught, first DLC for Call Of Duty: Ghosts on Xbox
Activision has announced the Xbox One and Xbox 360 release date for the first pack of downloadable content for Call Of Duty: Ghosts.
Onslaught will feature four new multiplayer maps – Fog which features a guest appearance from Halloween's Michael Myers, the Californian-themed BayView, Containment which is set in a war-torn Mexican village and Ignition which is a re-imagining of the Modern Warfare 2 map Scrapyard.
It also includes the new Maverick dual-purpose assault rifle/sniper rifle and the first in a four-part episodic narrative for Extinction mode called Nightfall.
Three more bundles are planned for Call Of Duty: Ghosts entitled Devastation, Invasion and Nemesis.
Infinity Ward's Mark Rubin said, "We know our fans have an appetite for new gameplay content all year long and the team here is committed to delivering a full season’s worth of amazing new maps, weapons and more, starting with Onslaught in January. This year will see an assortment of content for players to dig into, with new, uniquely themed maps, new multiplayer weapons and an episodic Extinction story arc that introduces new characters, new locations and new weapons as they try to uncover the genesis of the aliens’ existence.”
Onslaught will arrive on Xbox Live for Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers on the 28th of January.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3