Titanfall games limited to 6-on-6 play
Titanfall may look awesome and it certainly plays well but Respawn has caused a bit of controversy by announcing the player limits for each battle.
While DICE has raised the limit for multiplayer battles on consoles as high as 64 in Battlefield 4 and Sony managed to wring 256-player battles in MAG on the PS3 Titanfall games will be limited to 12 players in six-on-six combat.
Studio co-founder Vince Zampella revealed the player limits in a conversation with a fan on Twitter explaining that 12 is the number that provides the best balance although battles will be fleshed out with AI players as well.
He stated, “6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.”
Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 this March.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer