Titanfall games limited to 6-on-6 play
Titanfall may look awesome and it certainly plays well but Respawn has caused a bit of controversy by announcing the player limits for each battle.
While DICE has raised the limit for multiplayer battles on consoles as high as 64 in Battlefield 4 and Sony managed to wring 256-player battles in MAG on the PS3 Titanfall games will be limited to 12 players in six-on-six combat.
Studio co-founder Vince Zampella revealed the player limits in a conversation with a fan on Twitter explaining that 12 is the number that provides the best balance although battles will be fleshed out with AI players as well.
He stated, “6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.”
Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 this March.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone