Titanfall games limited to 6-on-6 play
Titanfall may look awesome and it certainly plays well but Respawn has caused a bit of controversy by announcing the player limits for each battle.
While DICE has raised the limit for multiplayer battles on consoles as high as 64 in Battlefield 4 and Sony managed to wring 256-player battles in MAG on the PS3 Titanfall games will be limited to 12 players in six-on-six combat.
Studio co-founder Vince Zampella revealed the player limits in a conversation with a fan on Twitter explaining that 12 is the number that provides the best balance although battles will be fleshed out with AI players as well.
He stated, “6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.”
Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 this March.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year