Titanfall games limited to 6-on-6 play
Titanfall may look awesome and it certainly plays well but Respawn has caused a bit of controversy by announcing the player limits for each battle.
While DICE has raised the limit for multiplayer battles on consoles as high as 64 in Battlefield 4 and Sony managed to wring 256-player battles in MAG on the PS3 Titanfall games will be limited to 12 players in six-on-six combat.
Studio co-founder Vince Zampella revealed the player limits in a conversation with a fan on Twitter explaining that 12 is the number that provides the best balance although battles will be fleshed out with AI players as well.
He stated, “6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.”
Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 this March.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto