Titanfall games limited to 6-on-6 play
Titanfall may look awesome and it certainly plays well but Respawn has caused a bit of controversy by announcing the player limits for each battle.
While DICE has raised the limit for multiplayer battles on consoles as high as 64 in Battlefield 4 and Sony managed to wring 256-player battles in MAG on the PS3 Titanfall games will be limited to 12 players in six-on-six combat.
Studio co-founder Vince Zampella revealed the player limits in a conversation with a fan on Twitter explaining that 12 is the number that provides the best balance although battles will be fleshed out with AI players as well.
He stated, “6v6 is max player count. Turned out to be the best balance with ai for us.”
Titanfall is due out on PC, Xbox One and Xbox 360 this March.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer