Doom 3 goes 'Super' for PS3
id Software big boss and engine-design genius John Carmack has thrown another of his famous community-exciting ideas out there, hinting this time that the veteran developers behind Doom and Quake might be considering a 'Super' version of Doom 3 for Sony's upcoming Playstation 3 console. "One idea we've been sort of tossing around that is just a random idea is possibly doing some kind of super edition of the Doom 3 stuff for the PS3. It's something that we'd kind of like to do," Carmack appropriately informed American magazine Game Informer.
Having stated this tantalising tidbit, and having failed to clarify what a 'Super' version of Doom 3 might entail, the programmer went on to perplex us even further by stating he actually preferred developing for the Xbox 360. So what's Super Doom 3? A graphically enhanced version of the game embracing the power of next-generation hardware? Who knows. Carmack also told the interviewer that id Software will not be creating the next instalment in the Doom series, instead it'll be farmed out to a third-party a la Quake 4 and of course Return to Castle Wolfenstein. id Software are believed to be beavering away on a brand new original 'IP' as we speak. We'll keep you posted on all the latest tittle-tattle.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year