The Offspring to rock BlizzCon
Either Blizzard are big fans of veteran punks The Offspring or the developer are keen to build upon the links being forged between games and other forms of 'popular' entertainment. Either way, we're rather impressed that geeky gaming convention BlizzCon will be brought to a close with a live set by the band. The question is, will the bleary-eyed gamers be happy to drag themselves away from World of Warcraft long enough to listen? "We're especially excited that The Offspring will help us make this a memorable occasion for our players," commented Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard. "We look forward to having the band bring BlizzCon to a fitting close."
BlizzCon is, as you've probably already heard, a large-scale celebration of all things Blizzard, at which we're hoping news of the developer's future projects will emerge. It will also be an opportunity for fans of games like World of Warcraft to meet and chat about their dark obsessions. Maybe. Apparently, all the tickets for the Anaheim Convention Center event in California are sold out currently. That said, Blizzard has already suggested that more tickets may be made available next month. We'll keep you posted, kids.
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue