The Offspring to rock BlizzCon
Either Blizzard are big fans of veteran punks The Offspring or the developer are keen to build upon the links being forged between games and other forms of 'popular' entertainment. Either way, we're rather impressed that geeky gaming convention BlizzCon will be brought to a close with a live set by the band. The question is, will the bleary-eyed gamers be happy to drag themselves away from World of Warcraft long enough to listen? "We're especially excited that The Offspring will help us make this a memorable occasion for our players," commented Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard. "We look forward to having the band bring BlizzCon to a fitting close."
BlizzCon is, as you've probably already heard, a large-scale celebration of all things Blizzard, at which we're hoping news of the developer's future projects will emerge. It will also be an opportunity for fans of games like World of Warcraft to meet and chat about their dark obsessions. Maybe. Apparently, all the tickets for the Anaheim Convention Center event in California are sold out currently. That said, Blizzard has already suggested that more tickets may be made available next month. We'll keep you posted, kids.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May