The Offspring to rock BlizzCon
Either Blizzard are big fans of veteran punks The Offspring or the developer are keen to build upon the links being forged between games and other forms of 'popular' entertainment. Either way, we're rather impressed that geeky gaming convention BlizzCon will be brought to a close with a live set by the band. The question is, will the bleary-eyed gamers be happy to drag themselves away from World of Warcraft long enough to listen? "We're especially excited that The Offspring will help us make this a memorable occasion for our players," commented Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard. "We look forward to having the band bring BlizzCon to a fitting close."
BlizzCon is, as you've probably already heard, a large-scale celebration of all things Blizzard, at which we're hoping news of the developer's future projects will emerge. It will also be an opportunity for fans of games like World of Warcraft to meet and chat about their dark obsessions. Maybe. Apparently, all the tickets for the Anaheim Convention Center event in California are sold out currently. That said, Blizzard has already suggested that more tickets may be made available next month. We'll keep you posted, kids.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III