The Offspring to rock BlizzCon
Either Blizzard are big fans of veteran punks The Offspring or the developer are keen to build upon the links being forged between games and other forms of 'popular' entertainment. Either way, we're rather impressed that geeky gaming convention BlizzCon will be brought to a close with a live set by the band. The question is, will the bleary-eyed gamers be happy to drag themselves away from World of Warcraft long enough to listen? "We're especially excited that The Offspring will help us make this a memorable occasion for our players," commented Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard. "We look forward to having the band bring BlizzCon to a fitting close."
BlizzCon is, as you've probably already heard, a large-scale celebration of all things Blizzard, at which we're hoping news of the developer's future projects will emerge. It will also be an opportunity for fans of games like World of Warcraft to meet and chat about their dark obsessions. Maybe. Apparently, all the tickets for the Anaheim Convention Center event in California are sold out currently. That said, Blizzard has already suggested that more tickets may be made available next month. We'll keep you posted, kids.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer