The Offspring to rock BlizzCon
Either Blizzard are big fans of veteran punks The Offspring or the developer are keen to build upon the links being forged between games and other forms of 'popular' entertainment. Either way, we're rather impressed that geeky gaming convention BlizzCon will be brought to a close with a live set by the band. The question is, will the bleary-eyed gamers be happy to drag themselves away from World of Warcraft long enough to listen? "We're especially excited that The Offspring will help us make this a memorable occasion for our players," commented Mike Morhaime, president and co-founder of Blizzard. "We look forward to having the band bring BlizzCon to a fitting close."
BlizzCon is, as you've probably already heard, a large-scale celebration of all things Blizzard, at which we're hoping news of the developer's future projects will emerge. It will also be an opportunity for fans of games like World of Warcraft to meet and chat about their dark obsessions. Maybe. Apparently, all the tickets for the Anaheim Convention Center event in California are sold out currently. That said, Blizzard has already suggested that more tickets may be made available next month. We'll keep you posted, kids.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto