Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls pre-loading to begin later this month
Blizzard, in the hope of avoiding a crush on their Battle.net servers when the first expansion pack for Diablo III arrives will begin pre-loading for those that have pre-ordered Reaper Of Souls this month.
Eager Diablo fans will be slowly drip-fed the code for Reaper Of Souls until the expansion is finally released towards the end of March which should help avert a repeat of the server issues that dogged the launch of Diablo III way back in 2012.
“So,” Blizzard stated on the Diablo forums, “for players who don't predownload, they'll basically get everything that's available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1. Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act V, and Adventure Mode won't be playable until March 25th and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.”
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World