Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls pre-loading to begin later this month
Blizzard, in the hope of avoiding a crush on their Battle.net servers when the first expansion pack for Diablo III arrives will begin pre-loading for those that have pre-ordered Reaper Of Souls this month.
Eager Diablo fans will be slowly drip-fed the code for Reaper Of Souls until the expansion is finally released towards the end of March which should help avert a repeat of the server issues that dogged the launch of Diablo III way back in 2012.
“So,” Blizzard stated on the Diablo forums, “for players who don't predownload, they'll basically get everything that's available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1. Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act V, and Adventure Mode won't be playable until March 25th and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.”
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015