Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls pre-loading to begin later this month
Blizzard, in the hope of avoiding a crush on their Battle.net servers when the first expansion pack for Diablo III arrives will begin pre-loading for those that have pre-ordered Reaper Of Souls this month.
Eager Diablo fans will be slowly drip-fed the code for Reaper Of Souls until the expansion is finally released towards the end of March which should help avert a repeat of the server issues that dogged the launch of Diablo III way back in 2012.
“So,” Blizzard stated on the Diablo forums, “for players who don't predownload, they'll basically get everything that's available whenever they patch up to 2.0.1. Expansion-only content like the Crusader, Act V, and Adventure Mode won't be playable until March 25th and only players who purchase Reaper of Souls will have access to them.”
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side