Square Enix Montreal's next-gen Hitman canned
The next-gen Hitman title that was in development at Square Enix Montreal studio has been cancelled.
Square Enix Montreal shifted their development focus over to mobile titles in the middle of last year and this did cast doubt over the future of their next-gen Hitman project.
The cancellation has been confirmed by senior game designer Richard Knight on his LinkedIn profile which states that the project was formally cancelled last year.
Another staffer's profile along with that of network engineer Anthony Pressacco gave details of the title offering up that it would feature first and third-person combat, online leaderboards and even some form of microtransactions.
Instead, according to Pressacco's profile Square Enix Montreal are now working on a Hitman title for iOS and Android platforms.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3