Sam and Max return (again)
Rejoice all ye adventure gaming faithful, there is a light that never went out... and its called Sam and Max. Despite LucasArts canning a 3D sequel to the point-and-click classic in 2004, a new game is being created. At the time, LucasArts stated that it was not "an appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on PC." Sam an Max creator Steve Purcell clearly disagreed, and having recaptured the rights to a videogame based on his comic book creation earlier this year, he has now put Telltale Games to work on the project.
"If there's a better match, I don't know who it is..” Purcell told a San Francisco conference of his relationship with developer Telltale. The new Sam and Max game will be released episodic-style, a la Telltale's Bone. The game will be created entirely from scratch, and will be in no way related to LucasArts' ill-fated sequel. Other than that we await word on platforms, publishers and release dates with interest. Now, if only someone could bring back Day of the Tentacle too....
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week