Sam and Max return (again)
Rejoice all ye adventure gaming faithful, there is a light that never went out... and its called Sam and Max. Despite LucasArts canning a 3D sequel to the point-and-click classic in 2004, a new game is being created. At the time, LucasArts stated that it was not "an appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on PC." Sam an Max creator Steve Purcell clearly disagreed, and having recaptured the rights to a videogame based on his comic book creation earlier this year, he has now put Telltale Games to work on the project.
"If there's a better match, I don't know who it is..” Purcell told a San Francisco conference of his relationship with developer Telltale. The new Sam and Max game will be released episodic-style, a la Telltale's Bone. The game will be created entirely from scratch, and will be in no way related to LucasArts' ill-fated sequel. Other than that we await word on platforms, publishers and release dates with interest. Now, if only someone could bring back Day of the Tentacle too....
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny