Acclaim games remain unclaimed
Despite publisher Acclaim going bankrupt almost a year ago now, a number of the company's various publishing rights and titles remain unsold - despite a few household names appearing on the recently revised 'for sale' list. Of course, the cream of the once mighty publishing house's line-up is long gone, but a few gems remain which other firms may be tempted by. The likes of Bart's Nightmare and South Park Rally must surely be of use to someone, even if such licensed games would require a degree of negotiation and deal-brokering with the original owners.
Several of the IPs on the list appear to be rather redundant, the rights to publish certain games in specific reasons, for example (Populous and Riven are mooted, interestingly), but other options remain very much valid, including three versions of Extreme G and platform titles Fur Fighters and the sequel 'Revenge'.
The list still includes the games that never were, early and presumed dead titles, such as 100 Bullets, Kung Faux and The Last Job remain for auction, in their various states of unfinishedness. The list does inform that Interview With A Made Man, The Red Star, and Dave Mirra BMX 4 have been snapped-up, so we'll keeping scanning our radars for news of them.
More on the debris still being salvaged from Acclaim as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year