John Carmack working on first-party games for Oculus Rift
Oculus Rift has revealed that their new CTO John Carmack is working on some first party games for the innovative new VR headset.
The CEO of Oculus Brendan Iribe revealed the news stating that Carmacks work will help show off what the Oculus Rift is capable of.
Iribe said, "He's working on a lot of exciting tech. But, his heart and soul and history certainly lies in the game-development side. That's always been Epic [Games]'s philosophy. And it's what allowed them to make what they made. It's certainly been id's philosophy in the past. It's been John Carmack's philosophy — you gotta eat your own dog food here, and develop internal content also."
Carmack joined Oculus Rift as CTO in August of last year, a role which finally took him away from the company he helped found, id Software, towards the end of 2014.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3