Superman flies onto Xbox 360
Superman will return in the imaginatively titled Superman Returns next year, and alongside the Bryan Singer film we're promised a tie-in videogame, inevitably being created by EA. Reports now inform us that the game is well under-way, and will launch in tandem with the flick next summer. Next-generation consoles are the likely destination of this officially licensed title, though releases on current generation machines and handhelds are also planned. The Xbox 360 will probably lead the way in the next-gen stakes, though the PS3 will in theory be out next spring, albeit in Japan, rather than everywhere.Speaking in an interview with the SFX science-fiction magazine, film director Singer offered a few clues about the nature of EA's forthcoming game. He commented that "It'll have elements of the movie in it, but it'll have elements that'll make the gameplay more exciting, in terms of the construction of Metropolis and Superman and his powers. Things like that."
EA's Tiburon studio are currently crafting the new project, which we expect to learn more about it as the new year approaches. More soon, then.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny