Superman flies onto Xbox 360
Superman will return in the imaginatively titled Superman Returns next year, and alongside the Bryan Singer film we're promised a tie-in videogame, inevitably being created by EA. Reports now inform us that the game is well under-way, and will launch in tandem with the flick next summer. Next-generation consoles are the likely destination of this officially licensed title, though releases on current generation machines and handhelds are also planned. The Xbox 360 will probably lead the way in the next-gen stakes, though the PS3 will in theory be out next spring, albeit in Japan, rather than everywhere.Speaking in an interview with the SFX science-fiction magazine, film director Singer offered a few clues about the nature of EA's forthcoming game. He commented that "It'll have elements of the movie in it, but it'll have elements that'll make the gameplay more exciting, in terms of the construction of Metropolis and Superman and his powers. Things like that."
EA's Tiburon studio are currently crafting the new project, which we expect to learn more about it as the new year approaches. More soon, then.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight