Telltale itching to make a James Bond game
Telltale Games has managed to work on an impressive list of intellectual properties but there's always a few more that they'd love to get their hands on.
Not content with working on Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Borderlands, Sam And Max, Monkey Island, Fables and Borderlands now they're wanting to have a crack at James Bond and try and make him seem like less of a mass-murderer.
Telltale co-founder and CTO, Kevin Bruner said,"I'm a giant James Bond fan and I'm always frustrated by games that make him a mass murderer. He's a super-spy, and that's a different skillset. The films make him less of a mass murderer, and there's not much killing in the books - more spying and intrigue."
CEO, Dan Connors weighed in on licensing in general saying, "Licensing has played an important part in enabling this company to do as much as it's done without having to create a new IP wholecloth, which is a big undertaking with a lot of associated risk. [But] as we become bigger and can execute that, it gets more and more attractive.
He added, "I think we're looking more at 'Can we engage some great storytelling mind to come in and work with us on something and make it not just a game franchise, but a full-on entertainment franchise with comics or a TV show and such and build it all together at once?' We really see that as the next thing that's gonna happen."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3