Resident Evil 4 gets PS2 makeover
Not content with simply porting the impressive Resident Evil 4 from the GameCube to the PS2, developers Capcom have decided to add a few new features to the game. First up are some technical improvements, mainly full support for both Dolby Pro-Logic II surround and a full 16:9 widescreen mode, both of which should add to the atmosphere of the game. Next up is a new weapon in the form of the P.R.L.412 gun (Parasite Removal Laser), an electrical gun which zaps the bad guys with bolts of electricity and is powered by a rechargeable battery pack.
Finally, there is a whole new scenario for PS2 zombie killers. Not much is currently known about this addition, other then it will feature Ada Wong taking on a batch of enemies with the same weapons as the main character.
Resident Evil 4 will creep its way onto European PS2s from November 4th.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer