MS gets viral once again
Given the amount of buzz that Microsoft managed to create with the ourcolony.net site prior to this year's E3 show it's unsurprising that the company should once again decide to promote its new console with a meaningless website with a huge countdown clock. Ladies and gentleman, I present you with Origenxbox360. The domain is registered to Microsoft so this is at least in some way connected to the company. Quite what the bonsai tree and green, wooden bunny cut-out are supposed to represent is unknown, although if the current level of rampant speculation keeps up the law of probabilities suggest that someone will correctly guess what it is all supposed to mean. Current possibilities range from the fantastical (a countdown to Halo 3's release, a surprise early release for the X360 itself, announcement date of Duke Nukem Forever as a launch title) to the more prosaic, ( X05 date, X360 launch date announcement). Deeper speculation concentrates on topics such as Alice in Wonderland, cut-tree rings and the significance of Bonsai trees.
Right-clicking on the flash image and selecting forward removes everything but the tree which is accompanied by some swirly writing spelling out the URL and the words Origen. Origen of course sounds a lot like origin and is in fact the Spanish word for it. Regardless, something is apparently going to happen in 36 days, and that something may well be connected to the Xbox 360 in some way. We'll let you know what it is come the 27th of September at mid-day, GMT.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch