New Wipeout Pure downloads
Sony today launched a downloadable 'Classics Pack' for the PSP game Wipeout Pure; the pack is said to feature maps re-made from previous titles in the series. Whilst Sony's PSP version of Wipeout does feature a number of re-worked tracks from past offerings, this latest download includes new examples Altima VII (original WipEout) and Odessa Keys (WipEout XL). A Goteki 45 FX300 ship is also made available via this small, free, expansion, with a new menu skin too.
Gamers hoping to expand their Wipeout experience can either download the pack from the official website, before transferring it using a USB cable, or alternatively connect via the PSPs WiFi capabilities before downloading. Three 'gamma' packs have already been made available by Sony, and these add a whole new singleplayer tournament to the game. More packs for Wipeout Pure are expected; the new game will also accompany the PAL region debut on September 1st.
We'll keep you posted.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday