New Live gamers offered Freebie
Microsoft are attempting to attract new gamers onto the Live online gaming service with a new initiative announced today. Those signing-up between now and August 31st will be offered a free game, with three to choose from. Forza Motorsport, Conker: Live & Reloaded or Dead or Alive: Ultimate. Might we recommend Forza, for those of you considering this offer. The first two-hundred gamers joining as part of this scheme will even get all three titles, though we reckon that chance has already gone. Sorry!
You can sign-up for a twelve-months Live subscription and get your starter kit, by putting in your personal details on the official Xbox site. Gamers joining the service, and those already using it, are promised a seamless transition should they wish to move their account onto their new Xbox 360, when the console launches this Christmas. This will of course necessitate the purchase of the as-yet un-priced Xbox 360, which could be an expensive way to test Microsoft's promises of seamlessness.
More soon, my young friends.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side