New Live gamers offered Freebie
Microsoft are attempting to attract new gamers onto the Live online gaming service with a new initiative announced today. Those signing-up between now and August 31st will be offered a free game, with three to choose from. Forza Motorsport, Conker: Live & Reloaded or Dead or Alive: Ultimate. Might we recommend Forza, for those of you considering this offer. The first two-hundred gamers joining as part of this scheme will even get all three titles, though we reckon that chance has already gone. Sorry!
You can sign-up for a twelve-months Live subscription and get your starter kit, by putting in your personal details on the official Xbox site. Gamers joining the service, and those already using it, are promised a seamless transition should they wish to move their account onto their new Xbox 360, when the console launches this Christmas. This will of course necessitate the purchase of the as-yet un-priced Xbox 360, which could be an expensive way to test Microsoft's promises of seamlessness.
More soon, my young friends.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title