New Live gamers offered Freebie
Microsoft are attempting to attract new gamers onto the Live online gaming service with a new initiative announced today. Those signing-up between now and August 31st will be offered a free game, with three to choose from. Forza Motorsport, Conker: Live & Reloaded or Dead or Alive: Ultimate. Might we recommend Forza, for those of you considering this offer. The first two-hundred gamers joining as part of this scheme will even get all three titles, though we reckon that chance has already gone. Sorry!
You can sign-up for a twelve-months Live subscription and get your starter kit, by putting in your personal details on the official Xbox site. Gamers joining the service, and those already using it, are promised a seamless transition should they wish to move their account onto their new Xbox 360, when the console launches this Christmas. This will of course necessitate the purchase of the as-yet un-priced Xbox 360, which could be an expensive way to test Microsoft's promises of seamlessness.
More soon, my young friends.
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III coming this November, skipping last-gen release
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch