New Live gamers offered Freebie
Microsoft are attempting to attract new gamers onto the Live online gaming service with a new initiative announced today. Those signing-up between now and August 31st will be offered a free game, with three to choose from. Forza Motorsport, Conker: Live & Reloaded or Dead or Alive: Ultimate. Might we recommend Forza, for those of you considering this offer. The first two-hundred gamers joining as part of this scheme will even get all three titles, though we reckon that chance has already gone. Sorry!
You can sign-up for a twelve-months Live subscription and get your starter kit, by putting in your personal details on the official Xbox site. Gamers joining the service, and those already using it, are promised a seamless transition should they wish to move their account onto their new Xbox 360, when the console launches this Christmas. This will of course necessitate the purchase of the as-yet un-priced Xbox 360, which could be an expensive way to test Microsoft's promises of seamlessness.
More soon, my young friends.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3