GB Micro date speculation
Whilst Nintendo are refusing to comment on rumour or offer official word, speculation currently doing the rounds online suggests the forthcoming GB Micro will launch in Japan on September 13th. This speculated debut in Ninty's home turf will reportedly be accompanied by several changeable face-plates, allowing gamers to customise their tiny handheld. Nintendo of Japan might even be plotting three new games for the GB Micro too, we're told - with a brand new Mario Tennis Advance, a puzzle game 'pack', and a 20th anniversary edition of Super Mario Bros mentioned.
The system is widely expected out in PAL regions (Europe and Australasia) before Christmas, with some retailers privately whispering October. The price point is expected to be about the same as the GBA SP (£69.99 UK, or about $120 US). The arrival of the GB Micro might also be used as an opportunity to release the Play-Yan peripheral in PAL territories, reports also hint. The add-on allows movies and other media files to be saved to SD Cards, then played-back via the console.
Said peripheral has already done very well in Japan, and would be welcomed no doubt by the big N's fans elsewhere too. More as we get it.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today