Viewtiful Joes named
Capcom have named the latest instalments in their cult-adored Viewtiful Joe series of games, forthcoming on the GameCube, PSP and Nintendo DS. The GameCube and PSP offering is called Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, and despite previous offerings being side-scrolling platform titles, this latest offering will actually see Joe involved in a beat 'em up. Oddly, rumours circulating online had suggested over the last 24-hours that the new game might be titled Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Man, thought to be the original name Capcom had in mind for the first game; but they clearly had a change of heart.
Red Hot Rumble will be known as Battle Carnival in Japan, and is looking rather fun - albeit something of a new direction for the Viewtiful Joe series. Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble is the name of the new DS game en route, and promises to be an entirely separate game - making extensive use of the touch-screen. All three games should be out in 2006 for PAL regions, we'll keep you posted on this as we get it.
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access
- Miyamoto: Next Mario game might not arrive until Nintendo releases a new console
- Final Fantasy trailer drop continues with a new look at Final Fantasy XV
- New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD trailer drops
- Activision gives a first look at the new Exo Zombies mode for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- Rockstar announces a Christmas bumper bonanza for GTA Online
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims