Black and White 2 on next-generation?
Vocal British game designer Peter Molyneux has been waxing lyrical this week about the prospect of Black and White 2 on the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360. The real-time strategy god-simulation is well advanced in its development for the PC, but Molyneux admitted that porting the game would technically be little trouble. He also revealed that Lionhead are already hard at work on other projects for both the previously mentioned next-generation consoles. "The machines have the power to do Black & White 2. The only problem is the control," he commented.
"We'd have to go right back to the drawing board, as we've not got a mouse. What we did with the mouse is say, 'we've got 2 buttons, a middle wheel and that's it' - we haven't got a keyboard (in theory, although we have shortcuts). If you're going to do it on the next generation machines, we have to take a new look. It's the freedom of picking stuff up with a mouse, and you have to change it. We're thinking about it though."
A sequel to RPG Fable is expected to be among Lionhead's other next-generation projects, though The Movies could also be a possibility as well as of course new prospects dreamed-up by the ever-ambitious Molyneux. Development kits are already being used to create 'other games', the designer affirms mysteriously. More soon.
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One