Black and White 2 on next-generation?
Vocal British game designer Peter Molyneux has been waxing lyrical this week about the prospect of Black and White 2 on the Playstation 3 or the Xbox 360. The real-time strategy god-simulation is well advanced in its development for the PC, but Molyneux admitted that porting the game would technically be little trouble. He also revealed that Lionhead are already hard at work on other projects for both the previously mentioned next-generation consoles. "The machines have the power to do Black & White 2. The only problem is the control," he commented.
"We'd have to go right back to the drawing board, as we've not got a mouse. What we did with the mouse is say, 'we've got 2 buttons, a middle wheel and that's it' - we haven't got a keyboard (in theory, although we have shortcuts). If you're going to do it on the next generation machines, we have to take a new look. It's the freedom of picking stuff up with a mouse, and you have to change it. We're thinking about it though."
A sequel to RPG Fable is expected to be among Lionhead's other next-generation projects, though The Movies could also be a possibility as well as of course new prospects dreamed-up by the ever-ambitious Molyneux. Development kits are already being used to create 'other games', the designer affirms mysteriously. More soon.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone