Ridge Racer 6 and more on Xbox 360
Several key Japanese publishers have vocally backed the Xbox 360 at Microsoft's dedicated conference held in Tokyo yesterday. Capcom, Namco, Konami, Bandai, Taito, From Software and Genki all publicly backed the new console at the shindig. Several key game makers promised versions of popular Japanese series for the new format - a crucial vote of confidence, with Bandai even announcing an unnamed exclusive title which will be accompanied by an Anime series. Tecmo confirmed five Xbox 360 games at the event, but two remain mysterious - with the others being - unsurprisingly in the Dead or Alive series.
A broad range of titles were announced for the format and this should see the console garnering a lot more success in this key gaming region. Namco demonstrated the eminently stylish Frame City Killer to impressed audiences, also confirming Love Football (a World Cup timed soccer outing). Perhaps most excitingly of all however was the revelation that Ridge Racer 6 will be heading to the Xbox 360. This is big news for Redmond, as a Ridge Racer game has backed every previous Playstation launch. Whilst this won't be an exclusive by the sound of things, it is most assuredly progress for the 360. Online play and downloadable content is promised.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America