Sawyer abandons Midway and Gauntlet
A mere two weeks after John Romero left Midway and the project he was leading Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows, veteran designer JE Sawyer has also quit the firm and the development in a somewhat bizarre manner. Rumours were abound previously that Sawyer and Romero clashed over the design of the title, but Sawyer's departure from Midway seems to put pay to such suggestions, instead leading many to point the finger at Midway. Indeed it is unclear whether either developer left voluntarily now, or were axed by the US publisher. "Friday [last week] is actually my last day at Midway," Sawyer told forums, before adding "I am going to work for Obsidian, starting Monday."
Obsidian are currently working on Bioware's Neverwinter Nights 2, having also leant hand with other high-profile creation Knights of the Old Republic 2. Midway moved quickly following news of this departure, telling Gamespot that "Development on Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows has not been impacted in any way as a result of [Sawyer's] departure." The game is due out at the end of this year on multiple formats, whilst Romero told us he was looking at several interesting options and would reveal his next move to the community within the next few months.
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend
- Sledgehammer promises a reveal of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op mode soon