Microsoft confirms a new Halo will come in 2014
Microsoft has announced that they will be releasing a brand new Halo game in 2014.
The announcement came hot on the heels of a post on the Xbox Wire thanking the gaming press and fans for their support and promising a whole raft of exciting new titles coming this year from Sunset Overdrive to Project Spark.
PR manager for the Halo and Forza series, Rob Semsey revealed on Twitter that there would also be a new Halo game this year although they haven't settled on a full name for it as yet.
He stated, “Xbox Wire today mentioned a few 2014 titles; Halo on Xbox One not listed due to official name of the next title not announced yet. Rest assured your next Halo journey WILL begin in 2014. #staycalm”
The full list of games is as follows courtesy of Yusuf Mehdi: "We’re excited for the year ahead and will be working hard to bring Xbox One to more fans and more markets around the globe. 2014 will be a promising year with many more great games on the way for Xbox One including 'Titanfall,'Watch_Dogs,''Project Spark,' 'Sunset Overdrive,' 'Tom Clancy’s The Division,' 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt,' 'Destiny,' 'Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare,' and 'The Elder Scrolls Online,' among others. More games, more features, more content, more fun – all coming your way this year."
Thanks Game Informer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3