Godfather delayed, not on Cube
After yesterday's news that Marlon Brando may or may not be included in The Godfather - we today learn that EA have delayed the project, which will now miss the key festive season in favour of an early 2006 debut. Executive producer David DeMartini explained the delay thusly: "The Godfather is one of the most cherished franchises in entertainment. Releasing the game in early 2006 allows us more time to perfect the open-world experience of being a member of the Corleone family."
Whilst the power of the Godfather brand is expected to mean this delay won't impact sales, it is believed that EA's results prior to Christmas may be harmed by the delay - though we're more than convinced this won't do EA any real harm. In related news, EA have also confirmed that The Godfather isn't planned for the GameCube any time soon - despite rumours sourced to EA Italy suggesting the contrary. More on this soon, my children.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year