Godfather delayed, not on Cube
After yesterday's news that Marlon Brando may or may not be included in The Godfather - we today learn that EA have delayed the project, which will now miss the key festive season in favour of an early 2006 debut. Executive producer David DeMartini explained the delay thusly: "The Godfather is one of the most cherished franchises in entertainment. Releasing the game in early 2006 allows us more time to perfect the open-world experience of being a member of the Corleone family."
Whilst the power of the Godfather brand is expected to mean this delay won't impact sales, it is believed that EA's results prior to Christmas may be harmed by the delay - though we're more than convinced this won't do EA any real harm. In related news, EA have also confirmed that The Godfather isn't planned for the GameCube any time soon - despite rumours sourced to EA Italy suggesting the contrary. More on this soon, my children.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat