PSP Viewtiful Joe In Focus
Capcom's Clover Studio have revealed a few more details today about their upcoming GameCube / PSP opus, Viewtiful Joe: Battle Carnival. The game is certainly inspired by the stylised side-scrolling action of previous Joe adventures, but Battle Carnival takes the series in something of a new direction too. Rather than the progress-based bounciness of the last VJ, the new title is all about the fighting, and seems to be a combat game in the vein of Super Smash Bros. Melee. Like Smash Bros. up to four-players can duke it out using in-game characters in a 'Party' mode. With gameplay like this, gone is the rapid progress and the focus on plot, instead we're presented with colourful combat set against various arena-style backdrops. Most curious.
Thankfully, one of the best features from the original games has survived in the shape of the VFX special moves, which can be earned by collecting special orbs during the game. Many types of orb are available, and we're promised moves not seen in the previous games. Playable characters available include: Joe, Silvia, Captain Blue, Captain Blue Jr., Blade Master Alastor, Dark Emperor Jet Black and Co-ordinator Sprocket. A Japanese release is due on September 29th, more on this soon.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch