Revolution controller discussed
A brand new interview between magazine EGM and Nintendo marketing guru Reggie Fils-Aime has revealed a few more details on the tantalisingly illusive controller to be used with the new Revolution console, expected out next year. Fils-Aime revealed that game developers have in fact already seen the controller, which is believed to still be in the prototype stage. "Just because you and your fans haven't seen the controller doesn't mean that no one else has," he teased.
"The thing that I always find surprising, and certainly in the last year I've had wonderful opportunities to spend quality time with a number of our key third-party publishers, is when you sit down and share the innovation with them, just how excited they get," he added.
Fils-Aime continued: "If you just think about it, we're going to have the ability through wireless internet to download all your great games from NES, SNES, N64. Think about it - each of those controllers are different. How are you gonna play? That captured some of the imagination of what our controller needs to be able to do, and certainly as you get into the meat of that type of innovation with the developers, their eyes truly light up because they start to imagine what's possible with that kind of configuration, which is vastly different than a sheer horsepower kind of game."
The American Veepee of Sales and Marketing added that the Revolution will be priced a great deal lower than the Xbox 360 and PS3 at launch, because "all of that added fluff that a gamer, frankly, doesn't [need]" will be omitted from the machine.
More news on the Revolution is expected later this summer, as is pricing for the Xbox 360 - of not the PS3.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light