Free Halo 2 maps linger onto Live
Whilst the bean-counters at Microsoft previously had us paying for the Bungie-developed Killtacular pack for Halo 2, said pack has now generously been made available gratis with the £5 fee (or thereabouts) dropped. New maps Turf and Sanctuary comprise the bulk of the newly-free download. Turf is described as "a city based mid-sized map which is fantastic for exciting games of Territories" whilst Sanctuary is "a smallish symmetrical map with two opposing bases, perfect for games of multi-flag CTF."
Bungie's official website does of course include more detail on said maps, which will be added to the playlist in regular rotation with a new update promised by the developer for next week. The update will also include five brand-spanking new maps as well. Which is nice. More on Bungie's activities soon.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users