Free Halo 2 maps linger onto Live
Whilst the bean-counters at Microsoft previously had us paying for the Bungie-developed Killtacular pack for Halo 2, said pack has now generously been made available gratis with the £5 fee (or thereabouts) dropped. New maps Turf and Sanctuary comprise the bulk of the newly-free download. Turf is described as "a city based mid-sized map which is fantastic for exciting games of Territories" whilst Sanctuary is "a smallish symmetrical map with two opposing bases, perfect for games of multi-flag CTF."
Bungie's official website does of course include more detail on said maps, which will be added to the playlist in regular rotation with a new update promised by the developer for next week. The update will also include five brand-spanking new maps as well. Which is nice. More on Bungie's activities soon.
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2
- Pachter reckons GTA V won't sell all that well on next-gen consoles, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare should do well though