You've heard of QuakeCon, California's annual convention celebrating all things violent and id Software developed, well, now meet BlizzCon, developer Blizzard's answer to id's first-person shootery festival. The inaugural BlizzCon will take place this coming October, and will feature all of Blizzard's titles - presumably especially the multiplayer ones. Gamers attending the convention will be able to share their passion for Blizzard's titles, as well as meeting the developers for special Q&A sessions and the like.
Orange County, California, will form the backdrop to this event, though no specific venue has yet been chosen - with Blizzard promising to update us as soon as one has. The event begins at 8am on Friday October 28th, and runs until the evening of Saturday the 29th. Part of the event will include a pro-gamer tournament which Blizzard will sponsor, inviting competitors on an invitation-only basis. All in all it sounds like quite a jolly shindig, and we look forward to learning more as the show approaches.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday