You've heard of QuakeCon, California's annual convention celebrating all things violent and id Software developed, well, now meet BlizzCon, developer Blizzard's answer to id's first-person shootery festival. The inaugural BlizzCon will take place this coming October, and will feature all of Blizzard's titles - presumably especially the multiplayer ones. Gamers attending the convention will be able to share their passion for Blizzard's titles, as well as meeting the developers for special Q&A sessions and the like.
Orange County, California, will form the backdrop to this event, though no specific venue has yet been chosen - with Blizzard promising to update us as soon as one has. The event begins at 8am on Friday October 28th, and runs until the evening of Saturday the 29th. Part of the event will include a pro-gamer tournament which Blizzard will sponsor, inviting competitors on an invitation-only basis. All in all it sounds like quite a jolly shindig, and we look forward to learning more as the show approaches.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III