Xbox 360 gets APB
All Points Bulletin, the MMOG currently being created for the PC by David Jones' team at Real Time Worlds, will also be heading for the Xbox 360, it was revealed today. The game, already picked-up by Korean publisher Webzen, will be arriving on the Xbox 360 in early 2008 - a year after the PC unveiling in early 2007. So we've quite a wait, then. A "massively multiplayer freeform combat and driving-based game" is promised, and we've more reason than usual to eagerly anticipate this title, the brainchild of the man credited with starting the Grand Theft Auto phenomenon.
"As an avid gamer and creator of many single-player games, it has been my dream to create an online game experience that provides the player with the ultimate freedom to do whatever he wants, in a thriving, living environment," enthuses Jones on APB. Players will be able to customise every aspect of their character, earning cash for flashier objects, and other trinkets. Of course Jones' vision of 'free-form' also includes plenty of action-packed gun battles and car chases, pitched between rival factions either upholding or breaking the law: the Squads and the Gangs.
Famous cities from around the world will form a backdrop to the game's action, and all in all it sounds like a hugely ambitious project indeed. More on All Points Bulletin soon, then.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer