Tomonobu Itagaki promises that Devil's Third is still on for a 2014 release
It may have been ditched by THQ shortly before its demise but Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third seems like it's stil on target.
Devil's Third is the first game from Itagaki's new studio Valhalla Game Studios and the Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive creator is confident that the game will still be finished and ready for release later this year as an independent title.
He said, “Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game, Devil’s Third. At the moment, it is about 80 percent complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
“For you fans out there,” Itagaki explained, “I’d like to apologize for making you worry. We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Devil's Third is due for release some time later on in 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter