Tomonobu Itagaki promises that Devil's Third is still on for a 2014 release
It may have been ditched by THQ shortly before its demise but Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third seems like it's stil on target.
Devil's Third is the first game from Itagaki's new studio Valhalla Game Studios and the Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive creator is confident that the game will still be finished and ready for release later this year as an independent title.
He said, “Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game, Devil’s Third. At the moment, it is about 80 percent complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
“For you fans out there,” Itagaki explained, “I’d like to apologize for making you worry. We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Devil's Third is due for release some time later on in 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light