Tomonobu Itagaki promises that Devil's Third is still on for a 2014 release
It may have been ditched by THQ shortly before its demise but Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third seems like it's stil on target.
Devil's Third is the first game from Itagaki's new studio Valhalla Game Studios and the Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive creator is confident that the game will still be finished and ready for release later this year as an independent title.
He said, “Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game, Devil’s Third. At the moment, it is about 80 percent complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
“For you fans out there,” Itagaki explained, “I’d like to apologize for making you worry. We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Devil's Third is due for release some time later on in 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year