Tomonobu Itagaki promises that Devil's Third is still on for a 2014 release
It may have been ditched by THQ shortly before its demise but Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third seems like it's stil on target.
Devil's Third is the first game from Itagaki's new studio Valhalla Game Studios and the Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive creator is confident that the game will still be finished and ready for release later this year as an independent title.
He said, “Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game, Devil’s Third. At the moment, it is about 80 percent complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
“For you fans out there,” Itagaki explained, “I’d like to apologize for making you worry. We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Devil's Third is due for release some time later on in 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side