Tomonobu Itagaki promises that Devil's Third is still on for a 2014 release
It may have been ditched by THQ shortly before its demise but Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third seems like it's stil on target.
Devil's Third is the first game from Itagaki's new studio Valhalla Game Studios and the Ninja Gaiden and Dead Or Alive creator is confident that the game will still be finished and ready for release later this year as an independent title.
He said, “Next year will be the year we’ll be releasing the console game, Devil’s Third. At the moment, it is about 80 percent complete, and we can about see the end of it. However, there’s still a little more polishing that needs to be done. That’s also one of the reasons I’ve decided to work independently.”
“For you fans out there,” Itagaki explained, “I’d like to apologize for making you worry. We’ll be going all out next year, so please look forward to it.”
Devil's Third is due for release some time later on in 2014 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One