Rockstar promises a continuing evolution of GTA Online
Rockstar North's Aaron Garbut, art director on GTA V has promised that they are not short of ideas on ways to evolve GTA Online.
Garbut explained that while it seemed like a lot of the game's potential features had been cut before it launched on October the 1st the game will continue to evolve as time goes on.
“As a group of people, we’re never short of ideas,” he stated. “There are always things that come up during development that you want to add. Often we do, but the closer you get to release, the less that happens. I don’t feel like the game fell short, but there is undoubtedly a huge volume of plans and ideas that we wanted to do to push it further.”
“What I love about our GTA Online plans is that the game is no longer static,” Garbut continued. “We can continue to add these things and evolve. That’s even more exciting these days, where through forums, Reddit, etc, we have a real direct connection to the people playing the game. We can respond to what they are into and what they hate more than ever. It’s something that really suits the way we work, the way we’re always trying to adapt the experience and avoid walking blindly down a set path.”
Thanks Edge Online.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3