Foundation 9 enlist production company
Games developer Foundation 9 (the self-proclaimed largest independent developer in the USA) have entered into a brand new agreement with feature film management and production company Circle of Confusion. Matrix creators the Wachowski brothers are both clients of the company, which is currently creating new flick Magic Kingdom For Sale, based on a Terry Brooks novel. Marc Ecko: Getting Up Contents Under Pressure and Death, Jr. are both being created at Foundation 9 even as we speak.
"Cementing our relationship with Circle of Confusion enables us to bring our publishing partners access to some of the top creative talent in the industry," beamed Foundation 9 CEO Jon Goldman, "as well giving us the ability to create original concepts that extend beyond the videogame industry."
"It's a model that worked extremely well with Death, Jr.," added studio head Mike Mika. "Working with David Alpert at Circle of Confusion enabled us to bring Death, Jr. to a wide variety of outlets, from a comic book with Image Comics to a toy deal with Gentle Giant, and of course a motion picture."
It will be interesting to see what direction this new alliance will move Foundation 9's games in; but nonetheless promising to see an independent developer thriving amid tough times for smaller firms.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat