Bioware consider next-gen
In a new interview, Bioware supremos Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka wax lyrical on the developer's plans for the next-generation of console systems. "We're actually looking at all the next-gen systems closely - they all look impressive, very interesting and powerful," Muzyka told Gamespot last week. Up until now, Bioware have developed exclusively for the Xbox and PC. The Xbox 360, is definitely part of their plans, and other next-gen systems, as well as handhelds, are also under consideration.
"Ray and I are huge handheld fans," confessed Zeschuk. "We spent the entire time on the plane on the way down to LA playing Lumines... Can you imagine some of our RPGs on a handheld? All of a sudden, we've got these new handhelds that can actually handle it."
"The interesting thing is that with the next generation, [hardware platforms] are evolving together, but they're also staying separate, so we want to make sure we accommodate both audiences and make games that are going to be seen as platform-defining games, no matter what platform they're on," Muzyka continued.
The CEOs admitted that they already have two Xbox 360 projects underway, though dismissed suggestions that one was Dragon Age. "Microsoft seems to be really focusing on the launch window, but we'll be able to start talking pretty soon," said Muzyka of Bioware's current next-gen developments. "All our games on both the PC and consoles are extremely ambitious, and to achieve that ambition it takes time. We're not going to cut corners."
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free