Bioware consider next-gen
In a new interview, Bioware supremos Greg Zeschuk and Ray Muzyka wax lyrical on the developer's plans for the next-generation of console systems. "We're actually looking at all the next-gen systems closely - they all look impressive, very interesting and powerful," Muzyka told Gamespot last week. Up until now, Bioware have developed exclusively for the Xbox and PC. The Xbox 360, is definitely part of their plans, and other next-gen systems, as well as handhelds, are also under consideration.
"Ray and I are huge handheld fans," confessed Zeschuk. "We spent the entire time on the plane on the way down to LA playing Lumines... Can you imagine some of our RPGs on a handheld? All of a sudden, we've got these new handhelds that can actually handle it."
"The interesting thing is that with the next generation, [hardware platforms] are evolving together, but they're also staying separate, so we want to make sure we accommodate both audiences and make games that are going to be seen as platform-defining games, no matter what platform they're on," Muzyka continued.
The CEOs admitted that they already have two Xbox 360 projects underway, though dismissed suggestions that one was Dragon Age. "Microsoft seems to be really focusing on the launch window, but we'll be able to start talking pretty soon," said Muzyka of Bioware's current next-gen developments. "All our games on both the PC and consoles are extremely ambitious, and to achieve that ambition it takes time. We're not going to cut corners."
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year