Kojima down with MGS4
Despite saying he would journey to projects new in the wake of Metal Gear Solid 3, veteran designer Hideo Kojima has obviously been persuaded to stay at the helm by Konami, who have enlisted Kojima to produce, direct and design number four in the hit series. The game will be created at Kojima's own studio within Konami (something of a sweetener, we'd imagine), dubbed Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Acid 2 for the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 are also being created at the unit. Metal Gear Solid 4 was recently confirmed as a PS3 exclusive.
Zone of the Enders 2 director Shuyo Murata will also be joining the project, as Kojima's co-director, perhaps a sign that the younger man may become something of a Kojima protégEin due course. Fans of the MGS series may be pleased to learn that this new outing will see the return of Solid Snake to the lead role, dispensing with Raiden, who no one really liked anyway.
'Real' details on the game itself currently remain scant, however more is expected before the year is out, especially as Sony will no doubt want to use Metal Gear Solid 4's various delights to promote the Playstation 3. More on this soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3