Kojima down with MGS4
Despite saying he would journey to projects new in the wake of Metal Gear Solid 3, veteran designer Hideo Kojima has obviously been persuaded to stay at the helm by Konami, who have enlisted Kojima to produce, direct and design number four in the hit series. The game will be created at Kojima's own studio within Konami (something of a sweetener, we'd imagine), dubbed Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Acid 2 for the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 are also being created at the unit. Metal Gear Solid 4 was recently confirmed as a PS3 exclusive.
Zone of the Enders 2 director Shuyo Murata will also be joining the project, as Kojima's co-director, perhaps a sign that the younger man may become something of a Kojima protégEin due course. Fans of the MGS series may be pleased to learn that this new outing will see the return of Solid Snake to the lead role, dispensing with Raiden, who no one really liked anyway.
'Real' details on the game itself currently remain scant, however more is expected before the year is out, especially as Sony will no doubt want to use Metal Gear Solid 4's various delights to promote the Playstation 3. More on this soon.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One