Kojima down with MGS4
Despite saying he would journey to projects new in the wake of Metal Gear Solid 3, veteran designer Hideo Kojima has obviously been persuaded to stay at the helm by Konami, who have enlisted Kojima to produce, direct and design number four in the hit series. The game will be created at Kojima's own studio within Konami (something of a sweetener, we'd imagine), dubbed Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Acid 2 for the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 are also being created at the unit. Metal Gear Solid 4 was recently confirmed as a PS3 exclusive.
Zone of the Enders 2 director Shuyo Murata will also be joining the project, as Kojima's co-director, perhaps a sign that the younger man may become something of a Kojima protégEin due course. Fans of the MGS series may be pleased to learn that this new outing will see the return of Solid Snake to the lead role, dispensing with Raiden, who no one really liked anyway.
'Real' details on the game itself currently remain scant, however more is expected before the year is out, especially as Sony will no doubt want to use Metal Gear Solid 4's various delights to promote the Playstation 3. More on this soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto