Kojima down with MGS4
Despite saying he would journey to projects new in the wake of Metal Gear Solid 3, veteran designer Hideo Kojima has obviously been persuaded to stay at the helm by Konami, who have enlisted Kojima to produce, direct and design number four in the hit series. The game will be created at Kojima's own studio within Konami (something of a sweetener, we'd imagine), dubbed Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Acid 2 for the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 are also being created at the unit. Metal Gear Solid 4 was recently confirmed as a PS3 exclusive.
Zone of the Enders 2 director Shuyo Murata will also be joining the project, as Kojima's co-director, perhaps a sign that the younger man may become something of a Kojima protégEin due course. Fans of the MGS series may be pleased to learn that this new outing will see the return of Solid Snake to the lead role, dispensing with Raiden, who no one really liked anyway.
'Real' details on the game itself currently remain scant, however more is expected before the year is out, especially as Sony will no doubt want to use Metal Gear Solid 4's various delights to promote the Playstation 3. More on this soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year