Kojima down with MGS4
Despite saying he would journey to projects new in the wake of Metal Gear Solid 3, veteran designer Hideo Kojima has obviously been persuaded to stay at the helm by Konami, who have enlisted Kojima to produce, direct and design number four in the hit series. The game will be created at Kojima's own studio within Konami (something of a sweetener, we'd imagine), dubbed Kojima Productions. Metal Gear Acid 2 for the PSP and Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence for the PS2 are also being created at the unit. Metal Gear Solid 4 was recently confirmed as a PS3 exclusive.
Zone of the Enders 2 director Shuyo Murata will also be joining the project, as Kojima's co-director, perhaps a sign that the younger man may become something of a Kojima protégEin due course. Fans of the MGS series may be pleased to learn that this new outing will see the return of Solid Snake to the lead role, dispensing with Raiden, who no one really liked anyway.
'Real' details on the game itself currently remain scant, however more is expected before the year is out, especially as Sony will no doubt want to use Metal Gear Solid 4's various delights to promote the Playstation 3. More on this soon.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May