Farm 51 reveals their ambitious next-gen shooter Get Even
Farm 51 has announced their first foray into next-gen development in their new shooter Get Even.
The 60-man studio is populated developers who have worked on Painkiller, Deadfall Adventures and NecroVisioN and aims to offer a new spin on the FPS experience with Get Even. From weaponry custom-linked to the in-game smartphone to a gameplay system that promises to blur the lines between single and multuiplayer experiences Get Even is aiming to provide a true next-gen experience.
Farm 51's CEO, Wojtek Pazdur said, Wojtek Pazdur, CEO of The Farm 51, says: “As an independent developer, it would be foolish to go head-to-head with the larger companies and create a ‘me too’ knock-off, and frankly we wouldn’t be interested in doing it. We believe that there is still a ton of content and design creativity that has yet to be explored in first-person genre, as well as an audience beyond the warfare player - those are the people we are going for with Get Even.”
Get Even is a fully self-funded indie title and will be released in 2015 as a downloadable title for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3