Splinter Cell series is still seeking perfection
Ubisoft still believes that the Splinter Cell series is a work in progress and it is still searching to find its formula.
Animation director Kristijan Zadziuk has explained that while Blacklist was decent enough effort they believe that they are in a constant search to perfect the series.
"We haven't got the luxury of Assassin's Creed where we know our formula; we're still evolving. If you look at them, there's no two Splinter Cells that are the same. They've all evolved and adapted. That, to me, is what makes it really exciting. We're getting closer to what that game is, and maybe it isn't necessarily about Splinter Cell being a 15-16 million Call of Duty-type best-seller. Maybe it's just about it being the best Splinter Cell that it can be," Zadziuk said.
We should probably be glad that Ubisoft are adopting this attitude towards the Splinter Cell series as the known 'formula' for Assassin's Creed gave rise to a complacent attitude was responsible for the mediocre Assassin's Creed III.
- Star Citizen hits 55 million USD in funding and makes the Guinness Book Of World Records
- New PS Vita update brings in Themes
- The Last Team Standing update arrives for GTA Online
- Syndicate spiritual successor Satellite Reign gets a new HD gameplay video
- Last chance to back card-collecting RPG Eminence: Xander's Tales on Kickstarter
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks