Games documentary series coming to Xbox Live starting with a look at Atari and ET: The Video Game
Microsoft has announced a new series of documentaries on video games is debuting exclusively to Xbox Live.
The new series will begin by looking at the great video game burial of 1983 when Atari buried a mountain of unsold ET: The Video Game cartridges in the desert outside of Alamogordo in New Mexico under the cover of darkness.
The series' co-producer Jonathan Chinn said, “Our goal is to produce a series of compelling and entertaining docs which will deploy all the narrative techniques of Simon's and my previous work. It's particularly exciting to be partnering with filmmakers like Zak Penn who come to this process from other filmmaking disciplines and who will bring their own distinctive creative vision to this.”
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date