Jack Sparrow returns to the virtual Caribbean
Bethesda have just announced a brand new Pirates of the Caribbean game, based on their licence to develop games inspired by the original Disney hit film. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow is being created for the PS2, Xbox and PC, a release in 2006 is expected. The sequel promises more of the same swashbuckling action-adventure, and maintains ambitions of emulating the film's style and wit too.
7 Studios are assisting with the development of the game, with Buena Vista distributing. Looting, smuggling, stealing, kidnapping and sword fighting are all options to those entering the word of Sparrow, described by Bethesda as the "ultimate videogame character".
Interactive environments are the order of the day, and we're told a spot of hack 'n' slash will once a again prove vital to conquering the high seas and ports of the game. More on this new treasure soon, me heartees.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like