Jack Sparrow returns to the virtual Caribbean
Bethesda have just announced a brand new Pirates of the Caribbean game, based on their licence to develop games inspired by the original Disney hit film. Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow is being created for the PS2, Xbox and PC, a release in 2006 is expected. The sequel promises more of the same swashbuckling action-adventure, and maintains ambitions of emulating the film's style and wit too.
7 Studios are assisting with the development of the game, with Buena Vista distributing. Looting, smuggling, stealing, kidnapping and sword fighting are all options to those entering the word of Sparrow, described by Bethesda as the "ultimate videogame character".
Interactive environments are the order of the day, and we're told a spot of hack 'n' slash will once a again prove vital to conquering the high seas and ports of the game. More on this new treasure soon, me heartees.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year