Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be region-locked on the PC
Platinum Games has revealed that their Kojima Productions collaboration Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance will be region-locked on the PC.
What this means for PC gamers is that although it will be released on Steam on January 9th it will only be available in certain regions across North America and Europe.
UK and US PC gamers will be fine but it will be unavailable to other areas including much of Asia and Eastern Europe. This includes gifting so players will only be able to buy it for friends in regions where the game is available.
JP Kellams, creative producer at Platinum Games said on Twitter, “Just letting everyone know: First thing I did in the office today was talk about the MGR region lock thing. @konami are looking in to it. When I hear something back from the producer that I can share, I will be sure to share it here. Still no idea what’s up though.”
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year