Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be region-locked on the PC
Platinum Games has revealed that their Kojima Productions collaboration Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance will be region-locked on the PC.
What this means for PC gamers is that although it will be released on Steam on January 9th it will only be available in certain regions across North America and Europe.
UK and US PC gamers will be fine but it will be unavailable to other areas including much of Asia and Eastern Europe. This includes gifting so players will only be able to buy it for friends in regions where the game is available.
JP Kellams, creative producer at Platinum Games said on Twitter, “Just letting everyone know: First thing I did in the office today was talk about the MGR region lock thing. @konami are looking in to it. When I hear something back from the producer that I can share, I will be sure to share it here. Still no idea what’s up though.”
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto