Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be region-locked on the PC
Platinum Games has revealed that their Kojima Productions collaboration Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance will be region-locked on the PC.
What this means for PC gamers is that although it will be released on Steam on January 9th it will only be available in certain regions across North America and Europe.
UK and US PC gamers will be fine but it will be unavailable to other areas including much of Asia and Eastern Europe. This includes gifting so players will only be able to buy it for friends in regions where the game is available.
JP Kellams, creative producer at Platinum Games said on Twitter, “Just letting everyone know: First thing I did in the office today was talk about the MGR region lock thing. @konami are looking in to it. When I hear something back from the producer that I can share, I will be sure to share it here. Still no idea what’s up though.”
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year