Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be region-locked on the PC
Platinum Games has revealed that their Kojima Productions collaboration Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance will be region-locked on the PC.
What this means for PC gamers is that although it will be released on Steam on January 9th it will only be available in certain regions across North America and Europe.
UK and US PC gamers will be fine but it will be unavailable to other areas including much of Asia and Eastern Europe. This includes gifting so players will only be able to buy it for friends in regions where the game is available.
JP Kellams, creative producer at Platinum Games said on Twitter, “Just letting everyone know: First thing I did in the office today was talk about the MGR region lock thing. @konami are looking in to it. When I hear something back from the producer that I can share, I will be sure to share it here. Still no idea what’s up though.”
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine