Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance to be region-locked on the PC
Platinum Games has revealed that their Kojima Productions collaboration Metal Gear Rising: Revenegeance will be region-locked on the PC.
What this means for PC gamers is that although it will be released on Steam on January 9th it will only be available in certain regions across North America and Europe.
UK and US PC gamers will be fine but it will be unavailable to other areas including much of Asia and Eastern Europe. This includes gifting so players will only be able to buy it for friends in regions where the game is available.
JP Kellams, creative producer at Platinum Games said on Twitter, “Just letting everyone know: First thing I did in the office today was talk about the MGR region lock thing. @konami are looking in to it. When I hear something back from the producer that I can share, I will be sure to share it here. Still no idea what’s up though.”
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3