Epic's latest epic (..you just can't get the staff..) will be called Unreal Tournament 2007, Midway's PR department have officially confirmed, dissuading rumours that 2006 would in fact be the next in the series of multiplayer-focussed first-person shooters. Presumably this means we still have quite some time before the title will be released, a situation partly inferred by Epic and Midway's plans to only show-off the title behind closed doors at E3.
It appears then that Epic have skipped the yearly-update route with their latest opus, and hopefully the omission of 2006 will mean we're gifted more meaty advancements and expansions in 2007. More on this title soon. Maybe.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3