Halo to come to as many formats/channels as possible says 343 Industries
343 Industries is determined to bring the Halo universe to as many people as possible through as many channels as possible.
In an interview with GamesBeat, Halo: Spartan Assault design lead Mike Elliss spoke of their aims to bring Halo to the masses via games, toys and books with a “universe of experiences”.
“343′s looking to have Halo experiences in as many formats as possible,” stated Ellis. “You can look through our portfolio now. We have games. We have books on the New York Times bestseller list. We have toys and things like Mega Blocks and McFarlane figures. Halo is bigger than any one game. We see it as an entire universe of experiences.”
His comments come hot on the heels of a new job advert with Microsoft Studios searching for a new senior development engineer to help build and new Windows 8 title based on “a beloved franchise”. Could this be a Halo game?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3