The prospects for Microsoft after the Rare purchase
New report from Datamonitor.
A brief report just in from games industry analysts Datamonitor, penned by Frederic Diot, comments on the acquisition of Rare by Microsoft. The estimated price-tag was between $400-540 million, and the report suggests that initially this purchase will not bear great fruit for the Xbox, owing to the lengthy development times of titles. The report goes on to suggest, however, that the move could be more profitable for Microsoft in the long-term, specifically in a battle for market-share between the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3, in which Rare’s originality could pay dividends. Read the full release from Datamonitor here.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer