The prospects for Microsoft after the Rare purchase
New report from Datamonitor.
A brief report just in from games industry analysts Datamonitor, penned by Frederic Diot, comments on the acquisition of Rare by Microsoft. The estimated price-tag was between $400-540 million, and the report suggests that initially this purchase will not bear great fruit for the Xbox, owing to the lengthy development times of titles. The report goes on to suggest, however, that the move could be more profitable for Microsoft in the long-term, specifically in a battle for market-share between the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3, in which Rare’s originality could pay dividends. Read the full release from Datamonitor here.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015