The prospects for Microsoft after the Rare purchase
New report from Datamonitor.
A brief report just in from games industry analysts Datamonitor, penned by Frederic Diot, comments on the acquisition of Rare by Microsoft. The estimated price-tag was between $400-540 million, and the report suggests that initially this purchase will not bear great fruit for the Xbox, owing to the lengthy development times of titles. The report goes on to suggest, however, that the move could be more profitable for Microsoft in the long-term, specifically in a battle for market-share between the Xbox 2 and the Playstation 3, in which Rare’s originality could pay dividends. Read the full release from Datamonitor here.
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006