Urban Reign due from Tekken team
The teams behind Tekken and Soul Calibre at Namco are currently working away on a new title, altogether not related to anything beat-em-up related. Instead, 'Urban Reign' takes its inspiration from a little closer to home, promising an urban turf war and gangster plotline in the 'third-person action, adventure' genre. Yes, boys and girls, it sounds suspiciously like a GTA clone. The latest edition of Japanese gaming rag Famitsu (arigato-gozaimasu!) carries word that the new title is set in the fictitious city of Green Harbour, a metropolis abound with gangsters and crooks of various guises and allegiances.
Basically, the premise surrounds the kidnapping of a local 'Zapps' gang member, of which Chinatown crime lady Lee Shun Ying is the prime suspect. With her hiring in a bodyguard and preparing for a turf war, we're told that the mother of all gang wars is in the offing in Green Harbour. Special character abilities will feature, Namco's team doffing their caps to their arcade heritage, and 3D combat will be the main staple of this game's diet. Thirty special moves and fifty techniques will feature, not to mention sixty colourful characters to play as. All of said characters have a role in the story, and what's more, they'll all enjoy their own history and style of fighting.
The game will support up to four simultaneous players, and is expected to launch later this year. No word on platforms as yet.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year