Urban Reign due from Tekken team
The teams behind Tekken and Soul Calibre at Namco are currently working away on a new title, altogether not related to anything beat-em-up related. Instead, 'Urban Reign' takes its inspiration from a little closer to home, promising an urban turf war and gangster plotline in the 'third-person action, adventure' genre. Yes, boys and girls, it sounds suspiciously like a GTA clone. The latest edition of Japanese gaming rag Famitsu (arigato-gozaimasu!) carries word that the new title is set in the fictitious city of Green Harbour, a metropolis abound with gangsters and crooks of various guises and allegiances.
Basically, the premise surrounds the kidnapping of a local 'Zapps' gang member, of which Chinatown crime lady Lee Shun Ying is the prime suspect. With her hiring in a bodyguard and preparing for a turf war, we're told that the mother of all gang wars is in the offing in Green Harbour. Special character abilities will feature, Namco's team doffing their caps to their arcade heritage, and 3D combat will be the main staple of this game's diet. Thirty special moves and fifty techniques will feature, not to mention sixty colourful characters to play as. All of said characters have a role in the story, and what's more, they'll all enjoy their own history and style of fighting.
The game will support up to four simultaneous players, and is expected to launch later this year. No word on platforms as yet.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today