DayZ Standalone probably won't even reach beta until the end of this year
Bohemia Interactive has warned gamers not to expect Dayz Standalone to reach full release status any time soon.
Marek Spanel, boss of the Czech studio has said in the game's latest development blog that the game is unlikely to progress into beta status until the end of 2014.
He continued, "We didn't want to compromise on the brutal and unforgiving nature of the early days of the DayZ mod, so we're very surprised to see such interest as this clearly is not a game for everyone, especially considering that there are some radical changes under the hood in comparison to the mod.”
The game has already sold over 875,000 copies since it launched on Steam Early Access which equates to around 17.5 million GBP which is not too shabby for an unfinished game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3