Prince of Persia 3 announced
Ubisoft officially unveiled the Prince of Persia 3 yesterday, confirming a release later this year on the PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC. A full public airing for the new title is also penned in for E3 next month. Numero three, a working title currently, will see the plot continue from where number one ended - with the Prince returning triumphant to Babylon with his love Kaileena. Unfortunately, the kingdom has gone somewhat awry in his absence, with the populous turned against our hero. In order to save the Prince, Kaileena sacrifices herself, once again unleashing the powers of the Sands of Time. The Prince is now left roaming the streets, alone and friendless, whilst a dark Prince - the result of past misadventures - gradually begins to take hold.
Before we learn more at the full LA unveiling, we can also report that the new Prince adventure will feature two playable characters, with unique styles of combat and powers. New abilities - including some related to time - will be there for the mastering, whilst the new Babylonian setting certainly sounds vivid. Finally, a better-than-ever blend of puzzles, combat and plot is promised. More on this soon.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users