Prince of Persia 3 announced
Ubisoft officially unveiled the Prince of Persia 3 yesterday, confirming a release later this year on the PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC. A full public airing for the new title is also penned in for E3 next month. Numero three, a working title currently, will see the plot continue from where number one ended - with the Prince returning triumphant to Babylon with his love Kaileena. Unfortunately, the kingdom has gone somewhat awry in his absence, with the populous turned against our hero. In order to save the Prince, Kaileena sacrifices herself, once again unleashing the powers of the Sands of Time. The Prince is now left roaming the streets, alone and friendless, whilst a dark Prince - the result of past misadventures - gradually begins to take hold.
Before we learn more at the full LA unveiling, we can also report that the new Prince adventure will feature two playable characters, with unique styles of combat and powers. New abilities - including some related to time - will be there for the mastering, whilst the new Babylonian setting certainly sounds vivid. Finally, a better-than-ever blend of puzzles, combat and plot is promised. More on this soon.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below