Turbine confirms Lord Of The Rings license has been renewed, support for LOTR Online will continue
Turbine has moved to reassure fans of Lord Of The rings Online that they will be continuing to support the game until 2017 at the very least.
Community manager Rick Heaton said on the game's forums that the license has been renewed until 2017 so their support for the game will not drop off any time soon.
Heaton said, “I just wanted to drop in and address the concerns surrounding the license, again. We have said as far back as July of 2013, we plan to support LOTRO for many years to come. I really want to be as clear as possible on this subject to avoid any further confusion or misunderstanding. The license was renewed.”
Speculation over the future of LOTRO had arisen with the news that emerged yesterday that Turbine had no plans for any further new instances or raid content.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III