Turbine confirms Lord Of The Rings license has been renewed, support for LOTR Online will continue
Turbine has moved to reassure fans of Lord Of The rings Online that they will be continuing to support the game until 2017 at the very least.
Community manager Rick Heaton said on the game's forums that the license has been renewed until 2017 so their support for the game will not drop off any time soon.
Heaton said, “I just wanted to drop in and address the concerns surrounding the license, again. We have said as far back as July of 2013, we plan to support LOTRO for many years to come. I really want to be as clear as possible on this subject to avoid any further confusion or misunderstanding. The license was renewed.”
Speculation over the future of LOTRO had arisen with the news that emerged yesterday that Turbine had no plans for any further new instances or raid content.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive