Turbine confirms Lord Of The Rings license has been renewed, support for LOTR Online will continue
Turbine has moved to reassure fans of Lord Of The rings Online that they will be continuing to support the game until 2017 at the very least.
Community manager Rick Heaton said on the game's forums that the license has been renewed until 2017 so their support for the game will not drop off any time soon.
Heaton said, “I just wanted to drop in and address the concerns surrounding the license, again. We have said as far back as July of 2013, we plan to support LOTRO for many years to come. I really want to be as clear as possible on this subject to avoid any further confusion or misunderstanding. The license was renewed.”
Speculation over the future of LOTRO had arisen with the news that emerged yesterday that Turbine had no plans for any further new instances or raid content.
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side
- Wonder what Zombie mode looks like for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare? Here's a trailer
- Xbox 360 Titanfall players getting a massive update next week
- Ubisoft pulls the Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass, offering free DLC and games to apologize for the problems with the game
- Dark Souls migration over to Steam delayed into next month now
- Sony to give partial refunds to PS Vita early adopters over misleading launch advertising
- And here's the goodies that Games With Gold will get you in December
- Nival announces beta access and a massive gun for pre-ordering Blitzkrieg 3
- Evolve developers promise that all map DLC will be free