Turbine confirms Lord Of The Rings license has been renewed, support for LOTR Online will continue
Turbine has moved to reassure fans of Lord Of The rings Online that they will be continuing to support the game until 2017 at the very least.
Community manager Rick Heaton said on the game's forums that the license has been renewed until 2017 so their support for the game will not drop off any time soon.
Heaton said, “I just wanted to drop in and address the concerns surrounding the license, again. We have said as far back as July of 2013, we plan to support LOTRO for many years to come. I really want to be as clear as possible on this subject to avoid any further confusion or misunderstanding. The license was renewed.”
Speculation over the future of LOTRO had arisen with the news that emerged yesterday that Turbine had no plans for any further new instances or raid content.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey