Turbine confirms Lord Of The Rings license has been renewed, support for LOTR Online will continue
Turbine has moved to reassure fans of Lord Of The rings Online that they will be continuing to support the game until 2017 at the very least.
Community manager Rick Heaton said on the game's forums that the license has been renewed until 2017 so their support for the game will not drop off any time soon.
Heaton said, “I just wanted to drop in and address the concerns surrounding the license, again. We have said as far back as July of 2013, we plan to support LOTRO for many years to come. I really want to be as clear as possible on this subject to avoid any further confusion or misunderstanding. The license was renewed.”
Speculation over the future of LOTRO had arisen with the news that emerged yesterday that Turbine had no plans for any further new instances or raid content.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year