Doom goes to Hollywood?
Warner grab the rights.
Warner Bros pictures have picked-up the rights to create a game based on the Doom games franchise, it was widely reported today. The deal, in the closing stages at the moment, will see a film put into production within the next fifteen months, or the movie rights simply revert back to id Software’s property. The film will apparently be set on Mars, and feature all the usual terrifying hell-spawn nasties. In contrast with the provocative and controversial violence featured in the game, Doom will aim for a PG-13 (US rating) certificate upon release. The film will apparently be tied in with the release of Doom III, thus providing interest for both releases.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below