Doom goes to Hollywood?
Warner grab the rights.
Warner Bros pictures have picked-up the rights to create a game based on the Doom games franchise, it was widely reported today. The deal, in the closing stages at the moment, will see a film put into production within the next fifteen months, or the movie rights simply revert back to id Software’s property. The film will apparently be set on Mars, and feature all the usual terrifying hell-spawn nasties. In contrast with the provocative and controversial violence featured in the game, Doom will aim for a PG-13 (US rating) certificate upon release. The film will apparently be tied in with the release of Doom III, thus providing interest for both releases.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto