Doom goes to Hollywood?
Warner grab the rights.
Warner Bros pictures have picked-up the rights to create a game based on the Doom games franchise, it was widely reported today. The deal, in the closing stages at the moment, will see a film put into production within the next fifteen months, or the movie rights simply revert back to id Software’s property. The film will apparently be set on Mars, and feature all the usual terrifying hell-spawn nasties. In contrast with the provocative and controversial violence featured in the game, Doom will aim for a PG-13 (US rating) certificate upon release. The film will apparently be tied in with the release of Doom III, thus providing interest for both releases.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released