Doom goes to Hollywood?
Warner grab the rights.
Warner Bros pictures have picked-up the rights to create a game based on the Doom games franchise, it was widely reported today. The deal, in the closing stages at the moment, will see a film put into production within the next fifteen months, or the movie rights simply revert back to id Software’s property. The film will apparently be set on Mars, and feature all the usual terrifying hell-spawn nasties. In contrast with the provocative and controversial violence featured in the game, Doom will aim for a PG-13 (US rating) certificate upon release. The film will apparently be tied in with the release of Doom III, thus providing interest for both releases.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny