Doom goes to Hollywood?
Warner grab the rights.
Warner Bros pictures have picked-up the rights to create a game based on the Doom games franchise, it was widely reported today. The deal, in the closing stages at the moment, will see a film put into production within the next fifteen months, or the movie rights simply revert back to id Software’s property. The film will apparently be set on Mars, and feature all the usual terrifying hell-spawn nasties. In contrast with the provocative and controversial violence featured in the game, Doom will aim for a PG-13 (US rating) certificate upon release. The film will apparently be tied in with the release of Doom III, thus providing interest for both releases.
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III
- New Final Fantasy XV trailer unveiled, demo coming next year
- Final Fantasy XIII and its spin-offs coming to the PC
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a release date
- Visceral reveals details of Battlefield: Hardline's Hotwire multiplayer mode and a new gameplay video
- Singapore hotlap video arrives for F1 2014