Japan: Xbox 360 garners further support
With a number of Japan's most influential and acclaimed developers already enlisted for the Xbox 360 (the name the Xbox 2 seems to be going by these days), and major publishers increasingly voicing their support for the forthcoming system, today's news will come as further music to Redmond's ears. Sega and From Software have confirmed that they are creating multiple titles for the brand new format, which should further assist Microsoft's efforts to ensure their new opus doesn't fall flat in Japan like their current hardware has.
Although multiple titles are being created, details are scant on the exact nature or status of these projects, with From Software's chief only confirming that a mech title would be part of the line-up, hardly a surprise given that the genre is something of a From speciality. Sega are also creating stuff, but we could have guessed this, and what will ultimately be key is the amount of exclusive titles Microsoft can squeeze out of third-parties, especially given the appalling performance of the original Xbox in this key territory. More soon, naturally.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users