Sims 2 console-bound
Having sold an obscene 4.5 million copies on the PC last year, its little wonder EA are currently plotting the Sims 2's journey to other formats, announcing that versions for the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP and mobile phones are in development right now. Naturally, in a bid to entice repeat purchaser, EA are modifying the new versions somewhat. On consoles, the Sims 2 will offer "a completely new aspiration gameplay," and other exclusive content. Whatever that means.
Sims will also be controllable directly from a third-person perspective, and a two-player spilt-screen mode will feature too. On the newly embraced handheld formats, new plotlines are promised, and in general we're expecting goodly quantities of spit and polish. More on this new conversion is expected at E3 next month.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone