Sims 2 console-bound
Having sold an obscene 4.5 million copies on the PC last year, its little wonder EA are currently plotting the Sims 2's journey to other formats, announcing that versions for the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP and mobile phones are in development right now. Naturally, in a bid to entice repeat purchaser, EA are modifying the new versions somewhat. On consoles, the Sims 2 will offer "a completely new aspiration gameplay," and other exclusive content. Whatever that means.
Sims will also be controllable directly from a third-person perspective, and a two-player spilt-screen mode will feature too. On the newly embraced handheld formats, new plotlines are promised, and in general we're expecting goodly quantities of spit and polish. More on this new conversion is expected at E3 next month.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update