Sims 2 console-bound
Having sold an obscene 4.5 million copies on the PC last year, its little wonder EA are currently plotting the Sims 2's journey to other formats, announcing that versions for the PS2, Xbox, GameCube, GBA, DS, PSP and mobile phones are in development right now. Naturally, in a bid to entice repeat purchaser, EA are modifying the new versions somewhat. On consoles, the Sims 2 will offer "a completely new aspiration gameplay," and other exclusive content. Whatever that means.
Sims will also be controllable directly from a third-person perspective, and a two-player spilt-screen mode will feature too. On the newly embraced handheld formats, new plotlines are promised, and in general we're expecting goodly quantities of spit and polish. More on this new conversion is expected at E3 next month.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too